Monday, June 30, 2008

Lazy Blogger

I AM SUCH A LAZY BLOGGER!

Good God Almighty! To all my fellow bloggers out there who update like four times a week I just wanna say I hail y'all. You guys are either the hardest working neo-journalists and exhibitionists or the most amazing bunch of layabouts ever to come out of Nige.

I'm being somewhat humorous and somewhat sarcastic with a little bit of jealousy thrown in. I mean seriously c'mon. I can barely get in a post a week and some folk just seem to post from their minds! Just think "publish post" and its there.

Ok but honestly I've been busy (almost typed "busty" there for a sec... lol) what with moving and all. But really, that's no excuse. And it's not as if life has not served up enough topics to blog about either.

Just the other day, I was backstage at a show in Lagos watching the Mo' Hits crew do their thing, and I agree with Bumight about Wande Coal's anointing being used up, and later 9ice was up. How that boy wears his jeans ass-down without them falling around his ankles I'll never know. Did I blog about that? No. I just dey see tins but I no dey report am here again.

Also, I was in an office at a government parastatal and I met with the this-of-that to discuss this and that and the silly bloke began to ask me what was in it for him if it got passed.

Hehn??! Me? Give you a cut out of my own sweat and blood? For nothing. I was too tired to be nice so I just played dumb, set my phone to record our conversation and asked him to be clear about what he wanted. I missed the really juicy parts but I still have enough to mess him up. Ideas on what to do with my "evidence" anyone?

But again... I didn't blog about it. See laziness.

I just reviewed my posts and can't find the last time I consecutively posted with pictures. Plus, my blog has been looking a bit stale in my eyes. Need to spice it up y'know and update my blogroll. Jeez, its like cleaning house or renovating. It brings out the procrastinator in me.



Another thing, I'm wondering if anyone out there feels some kind of blogger-peer-pressure to be current, sexy, have multiple comments on banal posts (no diss intended to anyone) etc etc? Cause I think until I finally settle down to get me one of them starcomms internet whatchamacllits, I'll never be regular with my gists.

I am definitely in a PHCN-induced mood. For an explanation read Blog all Day & Night.

My Blog of the Week: Naijaleta for the ever-increasing buzz he's been generating. Ahmed, 'na Abuja yanzu fa.

2 comments:

naijaleta said...

I suppose I should say, Fuuuuuurst and do a nice litle jig around my tiny living room and all that and all that. Walahi, of all the comments on my post on Naija bloggers-final series, I found yours most hilarious. I was beginning to wonder what had happened to my man, Mista Jay, until I saw the post. About whether bloggers who post regularly are hard working or just layabout. Pst(lowering my voice in a whisper) I think we are just frustrated and have nothing better to do. Dont tell anyone I said so O!

I am said...

Lips sealed