Thursday, May 15, 2008

Me and 419ers sef

Hey, I'm back. It's been awhile. So much has been going on in my life recently and no link at work for like 2 weeks (gasp!). I don't what makes me a magnet recently for scam mails O. (could it be spending time on forums and stuff?)

I just got one of those intelligent fraud mails. I say "intelligent" cause unlike the ones that land in your box with enough zeroes to make you dizzy, this was a "500,000.00 GBP" mail.

I logged into my mailbox and since I'm currently addicted to facebook, I didn't even glance at anything without the word facebook in it.

And I must say this; I'm a very, very bad target for these scammers and 419ers. It took me a full hour to even open the mail and 3hours to notice that I had won the "lottery".

Send me mails and I literally don't notice them. Call me and I try to help you find a way to do what you want to do. Imagine me telling a guy on the phone "Why don't you call the police to help you?"

I once was met by a tag team pair of 419ers. I met one guy who claimed to have come from Sierra Leone with goods for one lady and couldn't return with them. Another who played the suspicious passer-by. I was such a bad mark that they just left me alone.

But these guys are everywhere. It's like they're trying to get me with all they've got. I've been accosted on the street, I joined facebook and got a phony call that same day, and now I'm back to getting emails. Make una pray for me O.

No comments: