Sunday, March 9, 2008

Down with PDP!


Oh wow man. I mean like WOW! They got me. Those old liars in the PDP got me good. I mean really, really good. I'm ashamed to admit I was got so good that I actually believed they were going to have a "free and fair" election of national officials into their own party. Since they couldn't even get that right, what does that say of the way they'll handle future elections since you can't give what you don't have?


Every indicator said it would likely be the same 'ol same 'ol stuff. But when Oga presido said everyone would have a level playing field I believed him. AIT had it live from about midday and there they all were in their ridiculous party aso ebi. The big dogs came in, took their seats and the proceedings began.


That's the last thing I recall 'cos I was busy on chatting with my friend Uju over in Jalingo. We had a blast for about four hours and in that time, while my back was turned, I got shafted. All Nigerians did.


Winners were declared without a single ballot being cast. And apparently President Yar'Adua took off to attend the funeral of the Emir of Katsina. Oh c'mon man, funeral or no funeral you should have been there if only so we could be justified in blaming you for the mess. After all like someone once said, let the dead bury their dead in other words: prioritize!


One more thing... I can't wait for these governors to go to jail already and stop messing with things everywhere. A bunch of them were marching around the whole place with their last minute choice stopping every few minutes to raise his hands and acknowledge cheers from their selected delegates. Check out the full report on Thisday.

Granted it was probably the best guy who got chosen considering the fact everyone saw frontfunner Sam Egwu as OBJ's boy and also that all hell would have broken loose if Anyim Pius Anyim had won (OBJ would have had kittens!) but still if those old men there could not have VOTED the best man in then what kind of democracy are we building.

It pains me to see old men lying openly so you can imagine the bile I had to choke down while listening to those of them who had the temerity to come on air to tell us that the consensus arrangement (or was it arrangee) was a sign that their party was a "matured party" or a "unified party" or some other load of bull. Argh! Somebody please line those guys up and flog them. Flog them all!

We had our hopes up and we got a bum deal! I feel like tearing up my dad's membership card. Forget these guys jo. Down with PDP!

P.S. In case you were actually interested, Ogbulafor won the PDP chairmanship (s)election.

No comments: