Thursday, February 22, 2007

Nigerian Born World Citizen


Patriotism. I love it. I even live it. Not necessarily in an American-style, tear-jerking, land-of-the-free-and-the-home -of-the- brave way.
But I try.
I guess you could say I'm part of the new wave of 30 year old Africans who fully appreciate the wasted opportunities we have had as a continent. i sometimes wish I could kill all the big bad Idi Amin/Sese Sekou types but what would that achieve? Besides, that seems to be the same motivation the numerous "rebels" on the continent have and so far, that's gotten us nowhere fast.


I'm a citizen of the world. I hook-up under the radar with fellow world citizens cruising through life with their own goals, views and ideologies. When I chat with my friend Abu in Egypt I learn more than I'll ever learn from CNN. First time we met I asked him his opinion of Mubarrak and he goes "Mubarrak is a piece of s*&t."

And I thought the man was a saint. Shows what I know.


One Love

No comments: